Nuffnang Ads

Monday, November 22, 2010

I Thinketh! - A Lesson in Honesty from a Homeless Man

Honest hearts produce honest actions. ~ Brigham Young


I came across this interesting and inspiring bit of news today while surfing the web.

In brief, Dave Talley, who lost his house, stumbled upon a backpack with $3,300. Despite being tempted to keep the money, Dave did the right thing and returned it to its rightful owner.

That is truly amazing.

Most of us here in Singapore live relatively comfortable lives. Most of us earn enough to buy our necessities and even have some left over to enjoy the better things in life. Yet despite this, if we had stumbled upon that backpack just how many of us would have done what Dave did?

By that act, life to Dave is definitely more than just about money. It's also about doing right and living well. I'm pretty sure the personal values Dave held strongly interfered with the temptation to keep the money. A man of high integrity.

I admire that.

I aim to live it too.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Please Visit My Sponsors

Best Deals From Amazon