Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

100th Post Celebration and a Happy Chinese New Year, With a More Important Note

Here's wishing everyone a happy and prosperous Chinese New Year. Also, this happens to be my 100th post so it's a double celebration for me. =)

While we're celebrating, I thought it would be good to incorporate some social responsibility as elaborated by the posters below. A picture does say a thousand words anyway.




And while some of you may have objections on shark fin soup. Perhaps the videos below may enlighten you on the importance of their roles in maintaining our environment and life and the danger that they are seriously in. 

Rob Steward's Sharkwater received numerous awards, 33 at current count, and positive reviews, in recognition for all the effort Steward put into making this movie, even putting his own life on the line to capture the truth. In my opinion, it is one of the best shark documentaries I've ever watched. 

I hope you check it out. And give us a chance.

Cheers,
~K

Highly Recommended Videos on the Importance of Sharks

Sharkwater 01/09

Sharkwater 02/09

Sharkwater 03/09

Sharkwater 04/09

Sharkwater 05/09

Sharkwater 06/09

Sharkwater 07/09

Sharkwater 08/09

Sharkwater 09/09



2 comments:

  1. Hello Kay,

    I applaud your social consciousness! Need more people like you to use our hammer to ring our bells :)

    Hmmm, 80s and 90s music stuffs. Hey! Remember disco? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Singapore Man of Leisure,

    Thanks for commenting. Yes, I believe we need more social awareness and responsibility in society today. Our environment is fragile and needs more respect. Am heartened that people in Singapore seem to be doing more recycling these days. Hopefully, this will continue to get better in time.

    The 80s & 90s music eras were the best times I think haha

    Cheers! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Please Visit My Sponsors

Best Deals From Amazon