Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Save for a Reason


Big goals get big results. No goals gets no results or somebody else's results. ~ Mark Victor Hansen

I can't help but find the above quote extremely true. How many times have I started saving my hard-earned money in the bank only to have it "disappear" due to some "fantastic buy". Other times, they vanish because of a sales pitch that seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. That said, after the many years of working and trying to save, the realization that wanting to save is not as important as having a reason to save.

In fact, I had never ever accumulated anything more than $5,000 in my bank ever since I started working. Truth to tell, my savings constantly dwindled to a couple of hundreds and at times, I even had barely enough to get through the month, hoping for my next paycheck so I could pay off my outstanding debts.

Fortunately, as I have a contracted job, I am assured of a paycheck every single month. Many of you however, don't. I, myself, will lose this security in a couple of months when my contract expires. When I realized the impact of this, having an aim in mind truly changed my saving attitude & my attitude towards money. I began planning for my long-term portfolio first as these need much longer time to grow & mature. With this aim, wonders started happening. Only in the last couple of months did I see my bank account grow to more than double that amount. The accumulated amount was recently invested and from what I was told from my consultant, has begun to show slight profits. I am already aiming for my next investment in Jan '10.

So the experience & knowledge that I hope to pass on to you is simply to have an aim if you're intending to save. In every case of saving up some cash, it doesn't matter if the reason is financial freedom (which I hope it is), a new car, your children's education or your anniversary. You have to have a reason so as not to get distracted and to find your way back to the path when you get sidetracked. In our context of achieving financial freedom, setting your aim of perhaps accumulating $10,000, will provide the motivation for you to reduce expenditure & increase your income, two vital components in helping you accumulate your big sum of money faster.

In summary, if you want to save, aim to save and save with an aim.

Cheers,
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Please Visit My Sponsors

Best Deals From Amazon